Case Created by:
ATSU Origins of the Interprofessional Collaborative Case
The concept and content of this interprofessional case collaboration was developed by A.T Still University’s (ATSU) Office of Interprofessional Education and Collaboration. The foundations of the case come from the National League of Nursing ACES cases, which have been significantly elaborated upon by the ATSU interprofessional design team. ATSU has shared this case collaboration model and case materials with VIPE to support the development, growth and implementation of interprofessional education. For questions regarding the interprofessional cases or the case collaboration model please contact firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
You are provided with the following information to help you with your task.
- Audio and written narratives from Ms. Julia Morales, from her partner Ms. Lucy Grey, her son Neil, and Lucy’s niece, Nora.
- A description of Ms. Morales’s home town of La Plata, Missouri.
- Documentation from the health professions involved in Ms. Morales’s care.
Your task is to:
- Build an interprofessional team to care for Ms. Morales following her return to her home town for palliative care.
- Create a plan to support her and her family through her end of life care
In developing the care for Ms. Morales please ensure that you consider:
- How you will ensure that you place the interests of Ms. Morales and her family at the center of interprofessional health care delivery.
- The composition of the team, identifying the roles and responsibilities of those involved.
- How you will ensure effective teamwork.
- How you will ensure effective communication
- How you will plan for quality improvement and patient safety.