Case Created by:
ATSU Origins of the Interprofessional Collaborative Case
The concept and content of this interprofessional case collaboration was developed by A.T Still University’s (ATSU) Office of Interprofessional Education and Collaboration. The foundations of the case come from the National League of Nursing ACES cases, which have been significantly elaborated upon by the ATSU interprofessional design team. ATSU has shared this case collaboration model and case materials with VIPE to support the development, growth and implementation of interprofessional education. For questions regarding the interprofessional cases or the case collaboration model please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You are provided with the following information to help you with your task.
- Audio and written narratives from Mrs Larsen and from her daughter, Dina.
- A description of Mrs. Larsen’s home town.
- Documentation from the health professions involved in Mrs. Larsen’s care during her hospital stay.
Your task is to:
- Build an interprofessional team to care for Mrs. Larsen following her hospital stay.
- Create a plan for her discharge back into the community.
In developing the care for Mrs. Larsen please ensure that you consider:
- The composition of the team, identifying the roles and responsibilities of those involved.
- How you will ensure effective teamwork.
- How you will ensure effective communication.
- How you will ensure that you place the interests of Mrs. Larsen and her family at the center of interprofessional health care delivery.
- How you will plan for quality improvement and patient safety.