Case Created by:
ATSU Origins of the Interprofessional Collaborative Case
The concept and content of this interprofessional case collaboration was developed by A.T Still University’s (ATSU) Office of Interprofessional Education and Collaboration. The foundations of the case come from the National League of Nursing ACES cases, which have been significantly elaborated upon by the ATSU interprofessional design team. ATSU has shared this case collaboration model and case materials with VIPE to support the development, growth and implementation of interprofessional education. For questions regarding the interprofessional cases or the case collaboration model please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your team is about to take over the care of Mr. Sherman (Red) Yoder who was admitted to hospital 5 days ago with a diagnosis of sepsis.
You are provided with the following information to help you with your task.
- Audio and written narratives from Mr. Yoder and from his son, Jon.
- A description of Mr. Yoder’s home town.
- Documentation from the health professions involved in Mr. Yoder’s care during his 5-day hospital stay.
Your task is to:
- Build an interprofessional team to care for Mr. Yoder following his 5-day hospital stay.
- Create a plan for his discharge back into the community.
In developing the care for Mr. Yoder please ensure that you consider:
- The composition of the team, identifying the roles and responsibilities of those involved.
- How you will ensure effective teamwork.
- How you will ensure effective communication.
- How you will ensure that you place the interests of Mr. Yoder and his family at the center of interprofessional health care delivery.
- How you will plan for quality improvement and patient safety.